Because who wants to sit by the computer?
There are a few ways to trigger the cameras using a wireless remote with Xangle Camera Server. For any of the solutions below, you'll have to hold down the trigger button for at least half a second before you release it (this is to put the cameras in a ready-state)
Here are 3 different models that work properly:
- LNKOO RF 2.4GHz Finger Ring - https://amzn.to/35LLgL9This is my current best option. It is easier to get than the Kokuyo one, and the "Next" button works correctly.
- Kokuyo Power Point Operation for Finger Presenter Obsidian Kokuyoseki Ela-fp1 - https://amzn.to/2FFHAQzThis one works well and I've been using it a lot, but the "next" button doesn't fire the "press-down" event in Windows, making it a bit less flexible
- LNKOO Powerpoint Clicker Flip Pen Wireless 2.4 GHz RF PPT Controler Presentation Pen - https://amzn.to/2Rb3r7t
This is the most reliable / solid option! But... it's a bit bulky! Use the "b" key to trigger. Here's my favorite one in this category: 8Bitdo M30 2.4G Wireless Gamepad - https://amzn.to/2ThOHGz
From the computer, on the dashboard, scan the QR code using your smartphone. This is going to open the dashboard on a browser on your phone. From there, you can trigger using the same usual button. You'll need to be on the same network as your computer to make this work
Same as all of the above except these three points
- Connect the usb dongle (gamepad or powerpoint presenter) directly to any of the Raspberry Pis. You'll need to restart the Pi after you connect the dongle.
- Once the dongle is connected to a Pi, you can trigger the cameras no matter if the app has the focus or not (it becomes totally independent)
- On the Pi architecture, you also have the option to use a wireless mouse. Connect the dongle to a Pi and simply use the left button to trigger the cameras